Oily skin is a never-ending battle of acne breakouts, greasy forehead and chin, open pores and blackheads. While you cannot change your skin type, with the right products, you can definitely manage it. One of the things that people miss out on while taking care of oily skin is that they skip hydration & moisturization. This in turn increases the oil production making the skin look oilier.
While it is important to moisturize oily skin, it is important to find the right product. Light weight, gel based moisturizers are perfect for oily skin as they hydrate the skin without leaving it feeling greasy. Ideally a night gel can be used to hydrate oily skin. In the night gel, look for non-comedogenic, light-weight hydrating ingredients like aloe vera, green tea, hyaluronic acid, niacin amide, oats, etc.
The texture of night gels for oily acne prone skin is generally very light-weight yet hydrating. These gels work overnight to leave the skin feeling soft and nourished in the AM. Say hello to non-greasy, oil free mornings!
Below is a list of things to look for when choosing a night gel for oily skin:
- Should be formulated with non-comedogenic ingredients – The product should be formulated with non-comedogenic ingredients so that they don’t clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Should have a lightweight base – The base ingredient of night gel should be lightweight so that it gets absorbed easily and doesn’t sit on the skin for long, giving it a greasy look. Look for ingredients like aloe vera, green tea, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, oats, etc.
- Should soften and nourish your skin – Most moisturizers designed for the night routine are intended to nourish the skin overnight so that you wake up to skin that’s soft and nourished.
- Look for ingredients that target specific skin concerns – When it comes to targeting specific skin concerns like whiteheads, blackheads, acne, etc., look for ingredients like green tea, niacinamide, willow back, apple cider vinegar that help detox the skin and also help control acne causing bacteria.
- Should keep the oil production in check – Ingredients like Niacinamide in moisturizers help balance skin’s oil production. This keeps the skin looking shine-free & mattified.
- Should calm the skin – Acne prone skin generally gets inflamed & becomes red very easily. It is important that while choosing a night gel, you look for soothing ingredients like Aloe vera that calm down any signs of inflammation caused due to acne or sun damage.
- Dermatologically tested – Always ensure that the products you use are dermatologically tested and safe for your skin.
The Moms Co. Natural Green Tea Night Gel features an ultra-light texture that not only provides excellent hydration but also controls sebum production and soothes the skin. Formulated with non-comedogenic ingredients like Green Tea, Aloe Vera, Niacin amide, Oats & Squalene, the product provides comforting hydration to congested, stressed skin. The product works overnight to leave the skin feeling soft and nourished in the AM. Say hello to non-greasy, oil free mornings!
All products by The Moms Co. are:
– PETA Certified Cruelty free
– Certified Toxin Free & Allergen Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia
– Made Safe by Safe Cosmetics Australia