Are you someone who skips toner? Read on to know why you should add it to your skincare routine, especially if you have oily skin and how to find the right one. Toners formulated for oily skin are effective in controlling oil production. They not only remove residual impurities but also help reduce the appearance of enlarged pores. There are different toners designed for different oily skin concerns. While some help balance skin’s pH levels, there are others that do a lot more like controlling acne, oil production, etc. It is important to look at the ingredients while choosing a toner that would help you with your skin concerns. A toner formulated with ingredients like green tea, aloe Vera, apple cider vinegar can be really soothing to the skin and has innumerable benefits for oily skin.
Don’t have a toner in your skincare routine? Here are 5 reasons why a green tea toner is great for oily skin:
- Helps reduce pore size- Toners formulated with ingredients that Natural plant AHAs gently exfoliate the skin and reduce blackheads. If you have visibility enlarged pores, toner can help reduce their appearance. Green tea in the toner additionally lends its benefits to the toner.
- Controls oil production- Toner designed especially for oily skin are great at controlling oil production. If your skin tends to get greasy during the day, adding a green tea toner to your routine, apart from other skincare changes can help a great deal in keeping that excess oil at bay. Look for ingredients like Green Tea Extract that regulate sebum production.
- Great for a mid-day refresh– While your skin might feel squeaky clean after cleansing, it can get greasy during the day. This can happen due to the use of skincare products that are either too harsh or not designed for your skin type. However, a green tea toner can be a great pick me up to refresh your skin during the day. Have a meeting post lunch? Grab that toner from your bag & give your skin a refreshing boost of hydration. It’s always a good idea to let it air dry.
- Calms the skin- Most people with oily skin complain of inflammation & redness. Again, it can happen due to harsh cleansers, improper routine. It is important that you look for calming ingredients like Aloe Vera and Cucumber. These help soothe the skin & calm down inflammation and redness.
- Controls acne causing bacteria- One of the major concerns of people with oily skin- ACNE. Using the right products can help keep acne & acne causing bacteria in check. Green Tea Toner with ingredients like apple cider vinegar and plant AHAs work wonders at controlling acne causing bacteria by inhibiting their growth.
The Moms Co. Alcohol-Free Natural Green Tea Face Toner, enriched with Green Tea extracts and Apple Cider Vinegar, controls oil and reduces acne. Added natural Plant AHAs gently exfoliate and tighten pores while Aloe Vera and Cucumber extracts deliver a boost of hydration and soothe the skin.
- Cleanse with Natural Green Tea Face Wash
- Toner with Natural Green Tea Face Toner
- Moisturize with Natural Green Tea Face Cream
All products by The Moms Co. are:
- PETA Certified Cruelty free
- Certified Toxin Free & Allergen Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia
- Made Safe by Safe Cosmetics Australia
It is crucial to keep your skin hydrated, but what’s even more crucial is to find the right face cream. No matter your age, skin needs restoring & replenishing ingredients at all ages. These help prevent moisture loss & also reduce the chances of damaging your skin’s barrier. Additional ingredients like antioxidants can further help strengthen & protect your skin.
For dry skin, your face cream should have ingredients with emollients i.e. skin softening agents that repair cracks, etc. These, when paired with humectants, do a great job at drawing moisture into the skin.
Most people with oily skin tend to skip face creams because they either don’t feel the need to use or have used one in the past that clogged their pores. Face creams that provide lightweight hydration do a great job at balancing oily skin.
Here are the top ingredients to look for in your face cream:
A natural compound that exists in the skin but its quantity decreases with age. This is where the topical application of hyaluronic acid plays an important role. It has a unique ability to hold moisture and hence helps benefit tissue repair & protection. While it is beneficial for all skin types, it’s lightweight nature makes it perfect for combination to oily skin. It is often combined with other moisturizing ingredients for dry skin.
It is a lightweight & non-comedogenic oil that penetrates into the deeper layers of skin without making it feel oily or greasy. This makes it perfect for all skin types including oily skin. It helps seal in moisture for softer & smoother skin.
Ceramides mimic the functions of the natural lipids found in the top skin layer & help repair skin barrier. These help increase hydration—giving you plumper, smoother skin. These are beneficial for all skin types. Formulations with Ceramides can be used to repair skin barrier and replenish dehydrated skin.
A powerful ingredient with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that detoxifies, clarifies and soothes skin. It helps fight acne and helps control acne causing bacteria.
It is called a skincare multi-tasker because this powerful ingredient helps regulate sebum production, controls acne and evens out skin tone. While it is mostly present in serum form, on its own, it is often added as one of the ingredients to increase the face cream benefits.
An excellent skin conditioning agent that provides long term balanced moisturization. It has properties that help retain moisture in the skin. Face creams designed for dry and eczema prone skin are usually formulated with Oats.
A skin soothing ingredient that calms down inflammation and moisturizes. It is often used as the base ingredient for face creams and helps provide long term hydration.
The Moms Co. Natural Vitamin C Face Cream is formulated with Vitamin C, Squalane, Ferulic Acid and Canadian Willow Herb. It is water based and hence suitable for all skin types. The product helps even out skin tone and reduces dark spots.
All products by The Moms Co. are:
– PETA Certified Cruelty free
– Certified Toxin Free & Allergen Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia
– Made Safe by Safe Cosmetics Australia
Confused about how to build a skincare routine for your skin type? Everyone’s skin type and skin concerns are different and there’s no one size fits all. While there’s an array of different products you can experiment with, there’s one you can never go wrong with- products formulated with a stable form of Vitamin C. It is one of the star ingredients that helps with multiple skin concerns like pigmentation, dark spots, dull skin that lacks glow. A Vitamin C routine will help you get naturally brighter and smoother looking skin.
It is important to keep the following things in mind while building a skincare routine:
Choose products designed for your skin type – Not everything works for everyone and it is important to understand your skin type & pick products accordingly. What works for your friend might or might not work for you. When you choose products for your skin type, do a patch test and wait for 24 hours to see if the product causes any reaction or irritation. It is also important that you slowly introduce new products to your routine instead of adding multiple new products at once.
Choose products that target your skin concerns – If your skin is pigmented, regularly using a Vitamin C Serum with a concentration of 10% will help you get a smoother and even toned skin. If you struggle with stubborn dark spots, your skin might need something more concentrated like an Advanced 20% Vitamin C Serum.
Apply products in the right order – While planning your skincare routine, it is very important to follow the right order so that the products are properly absorbed into your skin. The rule is simple- Lightest to heaviest. For instance, if you are following the Vitamin C routine, the first step after washing your face with Vitamin C Face Wash is the Vitamin C Toner (the lightest product), followed by Vitamin C Serum and all this is sealed by Vitamin C Face Cream- the heaviest. If you additionally have a face oil in your routine, we recommend using it as the last step.
Exfoliate & detox often – Considering the pollution, dirt and our skin’s natural shedding cycle, our skin tends to accumulate a lot of dead skin cells. It is important to get rid of these dead skin cells so that the products can penetrate better and work effectively.
Do not skip SPF – No matter how many skincare steps you follow, if you do not protect your skin with a sunscreen, chances are that you will not see changes in your skin. Never step out of your house without sunscreen and reapply every 3-4 hours.
The Moms Co. Natural Vitamin C 10% Complete Face Care Kit comes with a Face Wash, Toner, Serum & Cream designed to Protects, Repairs and Moisturizes the skin. It helps even out skin tone and reduces dark spots.
All products by The Moms Co. are:
– PETA Certified Cruelty free
– Certified Toxin Free & Allergen Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia
– Made Safe by Safe Cosmetics Australia
A lot of things can stand between you and flawless skin, some of the most common ones being pollution, sun exposure and stress. Keeping your face clean is a necessity to avoid these problems and get healthy glowing skin. Face clean up not only removes dirt and bacteria but also helps reduce acne, blemishes for a clean and vibrant look. The clean-up process involves removing dead skin cells to unblock pores, remove dirt and oil build-up, and stimulate blood flow to the face. You can simply rely on natural face care products and get salon-like results at home.
What exactly is a face clean up?
A complete face clean-up by a professional beautician at your home or salon will give you back beautiful and healthy skin. The process includes deep cleansing, exfoliation, and face steaming followed by removing all the whiteheads and blackheads. Sometimes, a soothing gel is applied after this process. It also helps in getting rid of all built-up dirt, dead skin cells, excess oil and sebum that gets collected on the top layer of the skin.
Step by step instructions on how to do a face clean up at home
A regular cleansing routine is one of the most important steps in an effective skincare regime. The best way to keep your skin healthy and looking great is to start with a face clean up with all-natural products — no harsh chemicals or toxins.
Listing down below face clean up steps:
Step 1: Cleanse
Wash your face with a face wash and lukewarm water and pat dry. Choose a face wash which is natural and designed for your skin type. One of the best ways to know if a cleanser is right for you is to see how it leaves your skin feeling after the wash. We have a wide variety of natural face wash to leave your skin feeling fresher and smoother.
Step 2: Exfoliate
Exfoliating your skin is the most important of all the cleanup steps that there are, therefore don’t miss out on it during your at-home cleanup session. Your skin sheds dead skin cells every day that makes it uneven and dull. Exfoliating helps in getting rid of dead skin cells, as well as deep-set impurities and reveal healthy, radiant skin. However, do not exfoliate your skin every day as this can cause damage and lead to rashes and breakouts. Do it twice a week to get a refined texture and smooth, soft skin. Choose The Moms Co. Natural Scrub Range, which is toxin-free, dermatologically tested.
Step 3: Tone
After removing the dirt and sweat from your face, you can go ahead and clean up your skin. A toner, like a cleansing lotion, will close the pores of your face and also balance the pH level. You should look for a toner enriched with natural ingredients. Take a few drops of face toner on a cotton pad or on your fingers to directly pat it into your skin.
Step 4: Repair
Pick a serum depending on your skin concern. For skin that’s pigmented, it is recommended that you add a Vitamin C Serum to your routine. Take a few drops of serum on your palm and gently pat it on your skin.
Step 5: Moisturise
One of the most overlooked skincare steps is moisturization. It is very important to moisturise your skin, more so after a face cleanup. Chances are that your skin might lose some moisture during the process and hence the key to sealing it all and ensuring that skin feels supple & soft after cleanup is to moisturise. The Moms Co. Moisturizing Range has natural, effective products for all skin types and concerns.
You can also apply Natural Aloe Vera Gel all over your face as it has both nourishing and moisturising properties. It will also calm and soothe your skin.
How often can a clean-up be done at home?
Our skin needs to be taken care of on a regular basis. Face clean up at home keeps your skin soft, supple and naturally nourished. It is recommended to do a facial clean-up 1-2 times a week. A face clean up twice a week keeps the skin hydrated and prevents skin issues caused by dryness, such as flakiness and itchiness. It also brightens your skin and reduces tanning and pigmentation.
It is important to give your skin some extra care every few weeks to remove the dead skin and bring out the natural glow. Pamper your skin by following the above steps to get beautiful and healthy glowing skin.
Oily skin is a never-ending battle of acne breakouts, greasy forehead and chin, open pores and blackheads. While you cannot change your skin type, with the right products, you can definitely manage it. One of the things that people miss out on while taking care of oily skin is that they skip hydration & moisturization. This in turn increases the oil production making the skin look oilier.
While it is important to moisturize oily skin, it is important to find the right product. Light weight, gel based moisturizers are perfect for oily skin as they hydrate the skin without leaving it feeling greasy. Ideally a night gel can be used to hydrate oily skin. In the night gel, look for non-comedogenic, light-weight hydrating ingredients like aloe vera, green tea, hyaluronic acid, niacin amide, oats, etc.
The texture of night gels for oily acne prone skin is generally very light-weight yet hydrating. These gels work overnight to leave the skin feeling soft and nourished in the AM. Say hello to non-greasy, oil free mornings!
Below is a list of things to look for when choosing a night gel for oily skin:
- Should be formulated with non-comedogenic ingredients – The product should be formulated with non-comedogenic ingredients so that they don’t clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Should have a lightweight base – The base ingredient of night gel should be lightweight so that it gets absorbed easily and doesn’t sit on the skin for long, giving it a greasy look. Look for ingredients like aloe vera, green tea, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, oats, etc.
- Should soften and nourish your skin – Most moisturizers designed for the night routine are intended to nourish the skin overnight so that you wake up to skin that’s soft and nourished.
- Look for ingredients that target specific skin concerns – When it comes to targeting specific skin concerns like whiteheads, blackheads, acne, etc., look for ingredients like green tea, niacinamide, willow back, apple cider vinegar that help detox the skin and also help control acne causing bacteria.
- Should keep the oil production in check – Ingredients like Niacinamide in moisturizers help balance skin’s oil production. This keeps the skin looking shine-free & mattified.
- Should calm the skin – Acne prone skin generally gets inflamed & becomes red very easily. It is important that while choosing a night gel, you look for soothing ingredients like Aloe vera that calm down any signs of inflammation caused due to acne or sun damage.
- Dermatologically tested – Always ensure that the products you use are dermatologically tested and safe for your skin.
The Moms Co. Natural Green Tea Night Gel features an ultra-light texture that not only provides excellent hydration but also controls sebum production and soothes the skin. Formulated with non-comedogenic ingredients like Green Tea, Aloe Vera, Niacin amide, Oats & Squalene, the product provides comforting hydration to congested, stressed skin. The product works overnight to leave the skin feeling soft and nourished in the AM. Say hello to non-greasy, oil free mornings!
All products by The Moms Co. are:
– PETA Certified Cruelty free
– Certified Toxin Free & Allergen Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia
– Made Safe by Safe Cosmetics Australia
As a parent, you only want to choose the best for your baby. But, with so many options in the market, it might get a little difficult to make the right choice. When it comes to skincare, choosing the best baby face cream can be a task.
Some first-time parents assume that products designed for adults are also effective for babies. The structure of adult skin is much more developed than babies and hence can take on products with stronger actives and using these on babies can cause more problems than you think.
Babies’ skin is much more delicate & sensitive as compared to adults and hence it is very important to ensure that the products you use for them are dermatologically tested and made safe. We at The Moms Co. bring you an insight into what you must look for in a baby face cream to ensure that you bring home the best for your precious one.
Here are a few pointers for picking the best baby cream for face in India:
1. Look for moisturizing ingredients- Look for products with moisturizing ingredients like Aloe Vera, Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Avocado oil. Products formulated with these ingredients help nourish the skin. If your baby has extremely dry, eczema-prone, or sensitive skin, additionally look for ingredients like Colloidal Oatmeal and ensure that the product is clinically tested.
2. Identify & avoid toxins- Avoid products containing parabens and other harsh chemicals like sulfates and mineral oils as they strip the skin of moisture leaving it susceptible to dryness and redness.
3. Choose pH neutral products- Baby face creams that are not neutral in pH balance can cause the baby’s skin to dry out excessively, leading to rashes, itching, and discomfort. Using a pH-neutral face cream is essential to keep the baby’s skin healthy and better guarded against irritants in the scene.
4. Look for hypoallergenic products- The best baby face creams are created to have the least possible risk of an allergic reaction even on the most sensitive skin. They are made especially for the delicate skin of babies. So, keep in mind to check the certifications and approvals of the product before purchase.
5. Say no to artificial fragrances- Fragrances are used to mask the nasty smell of chemicals that are used in baby face creams. They might add a feel-good factor, but can be harmful to delicate baby skin. Continued use of scented products may cause respiratory complications in your little one. Choosing products that have mild to negligible fragrances is a smart choice.
6. Do not use ingredients from your kitchen- While you’d like to believe that they are safe and you can use them on your baby, a lot of them might cause reactions. It is advised that you speak to your doctor before using these products.
7. Choose a cream that’s designed for a newborn- Look for labels like ‘safe for newborns’, safe for 6 months and above, and ensure that you pick the right product for your baby.
Our experts have worked hard to bring in the right combinations to create one of the best baby face creams in India. Our Natural Baby Cream is enriched with milk protein, nourishing butters like Shea & Cocoa, and oils like Jojoba & Avocado. These ingredients provide deep nourishment & moisturization, prevent dryness, and balance the skin’s pH. It is also hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested and approved. Mothers across India have been using The Moms Co. baby face cream for dry skin, and are satisfied with the experience. It’s now your turn.
The interest in Vitamin C as an ingredient for skin care is seemingly at an all-time high. Various products such as face washes, cream, and serums infused with Vitamin C are a hot pick in the market. We felt a deeper dive into the wonders of vitamin C was justified. We wanted to share all that we learned with you so that you could make the best choice for yourself. So, what makes vitamin C such a sought-after skin-care ingredient?
Hello, smooth and radiant skin
Vitamin C face products can be a boon. Vitamin C is an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant that helps reduce the slightest inflammation, rashes, redness, and irritation. The right formulation can work even for the most sensitive skin types.
Collagen is a protein that prevents skin from sagging. But, with age, the body slows down its production. The routine use of Vitamin C encourages new collagen growth that enhances skin elasticity and youthfulness.
About 60% of our skin comprises water. The regular use of Vitamin C is one of the best ways to quench its thirst and prevent it from becoming too dry. The result is sheer magic – plump and glowing skin.
Hyperpigmentation is a common issue and constant use of Vitamin C products is the solution. It inhibits the generation of the enzyme that contributes to melanin production.
Say no to sun-damage
Long hours in the sun can lead to several concerns such as flakiness, rough areas, and discolored patches. Including a daily Vitamin, C dose shields your skin, repairs, and protects from any further sun damage.
Fights wear and tear
Vitamin C, with its antioxidant properties, acts like a charm when it comes to fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of early aging or fatigue. It is the best choice for skin regeneration and total repair.
Repairs and heals
As if it didn’t boast enough superpowers, Vitamin C products for skin also helps in healing the skin. It increases the number of fibroblasts which are the connective tissue cells that are key to the healing process.
Fighting some of the above-mentioned problems? Vitamin C serums are the solution. They are fabulous for a plethora of reasons. By now you know that Vitamin C is a handy tool to have in your skin-care arsenal. But, you are not sure how you can include Vitamin C into your skincare regime? Let us help you. Check out The Moms Co’s natural 10% Natural Vitamin C Face Serum- 10% and Natural Vitamin C Advanced Face Serum- 20% and thank us later.
With a little one comes a lot of responsibilities. And choosing the right and safe products for your baby has become an important task. It is very important to choose safe baby wipes for daily use. Using baby wipes on a newborn has become a significant part of daily life for many parents. The uses of baby wipes have expanded over the years and have made it easier and safe to take care of babies. In this blog, we will be talking about how to use baby wipes, can baby wipes be used on the face, and a lot more.
Uses Of Baby Wipes For Babies
Baby’s skin is more sensitive and thinner than an adult’s skin. This is why they need extra care at the time of birth. Choosing the safe and best baby skincare products that suit your baby’s delicate skin becomes essential. With this understanding, the correct usage of baby products is also important. Listing down uses of baby wipes for babies.
Changing your baby’s diaper
The skin near the diaper area is very sensitive. Skin irritants, including the scents in soaps and detergents, are a common cause of diaper rash. Baby wipes are used to keep the diaper area well hydrated and soft which helps in preventing diaper rash. While changing diapers you can gently clean the diaper area with baby wipes to keep your baby’s skin moisturized & soothed.
Cleaning your baby’s pacifier
Every parent is concerned about properly cleaning their baby’s pacifier. Baby wipes are multi-purpose and can be used to clean baby pacifiers.
Wiping your baby’s face and hands
You don’t need to go through the pain of wetting and cleaning a napkin anymore. Baby wipes can be used for cleansing a baby’s face and hands. One of the major benefits of baby wipes is that they are easy to carry around and you can keep them handy if you are planning to travel.
Cleaning your baby’s plastic toys
Use the baby’s wipes to clean your baby’s toys. They will help remove any dirt, dust, and germs so that you do not have to worry about your baby getting infected.
What to look for when choosing baby wipes?
It is very important to choose gentle and natural baby care products. While choosing baby wipes below are the points that need to be taken care of.
Made with Plant-based Material
Always look for wipes that are made with plant-based material. Baby wipes made with Plant-based material are very gentle and soft and are great for a baby’s delicate skin.
The Dermatologically-tested products are safe for your little one. These products do not cause any irritation or allergies.
Biodegradable materials can break down in a natural environment without leaving toxins. Choose products that are 100% biodegradable, which also help the environment.
Always look for products that are free from all the toxins like sulphates, silicones, mineral oil, harmful chemicals, fragrances, and paraben. These harmful toxins can damage the skin of your little one and cause redness, and allergies.
Infused with Natural Ingredients
Always look for baby wipes that are infused with the goodness of natural ingredients. Natural baby wipes help soothe the skin and keep the skin hydrated without causing any allergies.
The Moms Co. Natural Baby Water Wipes are eco-friendly, 100% biodegradable natural water wipes, specially created with 99% water for your baby’s delicate skin. Wipes as soft as cotton are made with plant-based Viscose, our wipes gently clean while keeping your baby’s skin moisturized & soothed, with ingredients like Aloe Vera, Calendula, Allantoin & Vitamin E.
Important uses of baby wipes that go beyond just baby care
Dusting your plants
Being a plant parent comes with a lot of responsibilities. Dusting them is one of them. Baby wipes can help dust the plants and keep them green. That big pretty fiddle leaf fig you paid a fortune for needs its leaves wiped with water pretty regularly to stay green.
Keeping herbs fresh
Wrap around your fresh herbs in a damp baby wipe and store them in a packet. This will make them stay fresh longer.
Baby wipes are actually perfect for cleaning all types of leather. They don’t contain any nasty chemicals that could discolour the leather. Baby wipes are soft enough to use as a shoe-shining cloth.
For days when you are too tired to double cleanse your face, baby wipes are one of the most convenient ways to remove makeup from your face. Baby wipes quickly remove your makeup and are time-saving.
On-the-go oil diffuser
Add a drop of your favourite essential oil to a wipe and hang it on an air vent in your car for instant aromatherapy.
Clean grubby light switches
Light switches are touched constantly, and you might start to notice they’ve discoloured. Give them a clean with a baby wipe and they’ll look good as new.
De-grease frying pans
Wipe excess grease from frying pans and deep fat fryers with a baby wipe before putting them into the sink for washing. They work absolute wonders in getting rid of grease so you can wash up with minimal effort.
Cut through window grime
Get the fiddly hard-to-reach areas of your windows and really get into the corners and crevices with a wipe.
Baby wipes are multipurpose and can be used for many things in our day-to-day lives. Keep it handy for diaper changes, messy fingers and mouths, and sticky surfaces and toys.
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to build a bond with your baby. The skin-on-skin contact not only provides comfort to the baby but also helps you communicate with the baby because the baby directly looks into your eyes while breastfeeding. Babies breastfeed when they are thirsty, hungry or in need of affection and comfort. It helps them relax, wind down and sleep. They need the milk to protect their immune system or receiver from illness.
It is very important that the baby gets her/his initial colostrum within an hour of birth as the baby’s reflexes are very strong at this time. Also, colostrum is rich in protein but lower in fat and this makes it easier for the baby to digest it.
Ensuring a proper latch, eating nutritious food, drinking enough water, resting, asking for help and pumping, for times when you need rest can help make the breastfeeding journey smoother. It is a journey that needs patience. Take your time to find what works best for you and the baby.
Here’s are a few breastfeeding tips for beginners to help:
1. Ensure perfect latch. An improper latch can make nursing difficult for a mom. Most babies latch onto their mother’s breast within an hour of their skin-to-skin time with their mom. The way the baby latches onto the mother’s breast can impact the amount of milk the baby gets. It is important to ensure that the baby sucks not just the nipple but also the areola. When you do this, the baby’s nose should almost be touching your breasts. An improper latch can cause nipple pain and soreness.
2. Milk supply varies from mother to mother. Ensure that you feed your baby within the first hour of delivery and feed often after that. The more you feed your baby, the more milk your body will produce. It is important to ensure that you eat well & get enough rest so that your body can convert your calories to milk. Choose a balanced diet that is rich in protein, iron, and calcium to make up for the extra calories that are required during breastfeeding.
3. It is okay to ask for help. While you are overwhelmed with the baby’s arrival and taking on new responsibilities, you might feel tired and get little to no sleep. It is very important to ensure that you get rest so that you can do your best to take care of your baby. For such situations, speak to your partner and ask them for help. You can pump breast milk and refrigerate it. Your partner can help feed the baby while you are getting your much-needed sleep.
4. Keep breastfeeding essentials handy. While we spend a lot of time setting up the baby’s crib, finding the right products for the baby, we might miss out on certain essentials. One of the best breastfeeding tips for beginners is to ensure that you keep the basics ready- a feeding bottle, pump, breastmilk storage packs to refrigerate milk, heating pads, nursing pillow and nipple butter. These mom care products can help make the journey easier. The Moms Co. Nipple Butter helps soothe cracked & sore nipples. It is Lanolin free and you do not need to wipe it off before feeding the baby. All The Moms Co. products are Australian-Certified Toxic-Free™, Certified Made Safe™ by Safe Cosmetics Australia, Australian Allergy Certified™, and PETA certified cruelty-free. Our products are created with experts from India, Australia, and Switzerland. We’re trusted by over 1 million consumers across India.
5. Find the right breastfeeding position. Another best breastfeeding tip for new moms is to find the right position. The baby might not be able to find the right position and hence it is very important for the mother to hold the baby in a comfortable position. There are a lot of breastfeeding positions. Some of the common ones are- laid back or resting position, lying down, sitting on a chair & side-lying. Using a breastfeeding pillow can also be helpful.
6. Don’t be in a hurry to offer the second breast. While it is important that you feed the baby from both the breasts, don’t be in a hurry to do that. Some babies take one breast at some feeding and both at some. It is okay. Let the baby come off on her own and then offer the second breast. This process needs patience.
After practicing these basic breastfeeding tips, if you are still struggling with breastfeeding, we recommend that you consult a lactation expert. Also, it is okay to feed formula if you do not have enough breast milk. There is nothing to be embarrassed about.
Hope these breastfeeding tips helped you.
We know you aspire to have a skin that is moisturized & hydrated. But over the due course of the day, your skin goes through the harsh impact of dust, air pollution, and exposure to the harmful UVA rays of the sun. All this tends to impact the collage production in your skin, leaving it even more dry, dehydrated, and damaged.
Dirt & dust if not attended to, can lead to clogged pores, and prolonged negligence of these skin problems can lead to accelerated ageing. In order to fight all these skin concerns, you need to follow a stringent CTM routine, one that is backed with ingredients suited to your skin type, to give you an all-natural brightened glow.
What is CTM?
With the plethora of skincare products available in the market, it naturally becomes difficult to decide which are the best ones to be included in your own CTM skin routine.
There’s a very simple answer – don’t look beyond CTM. Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturizer. Skin experts agree that a good skincare regime only needs these 3 elements to give you an effective skincare solution, since it is also not a difficult routine to follow on a day-to-day basis.
Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are crucial steps to follow for a healthy skin. Throughout the day, your skin can get exposed to dirt, dust, and pollution. Coupled with sweat and makeup, they can lead to skin problems such as clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, and much more.
In order to effectively remove dirt, dust, and makeup from your skin, it’s important to follow a cleansing, toning, and moisturizing routine.
In order to embark upon an effective CTM routine, the products in your CTM routine must be backed with quality natural ingredients.
What are the top ingredients to include in your CTM routine?
Cleansing is the first step of any good skincare routine. You need to cleanse your face properly to wash off all the dirt, excess oil, makeup, and environmental impurities that your skin has attracted, causing adverse impact. If not cleansed properly, these impurities can lead to clogging of pores, which can further lead to a dull appearance of your skin, breakouts, pigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
You need to choose a face wash that does not strip your skin from its natural oils but instead helps you gently cleanse to minimize the impact of dirt & excess oil on your skin.
For those who have an oily skin, curbing the impact of excessive sebum production is of utmost importance.
If you’ve sensitive skin, you need to be even more cautious about the kind of products that you allow to touch your skin. Your skin gets adversely damaged with usage of products that have harsh chemicals, sulphates & parabens. This is why, only trust a face wash with natural ingredients like :-
Pro Vitamin B5: Boosts skin’s moisture retention ability.
ORANGE BEADS: A gentle exfoliator that removes dirt & impurities.
VITAMIN C: Potent antioxidant which helps brighten your skin & boosts collagen production.
NIACINAMIDE: Reduces the impact of environmental damage to your skin, with its ability to improve skin’s barrier.
HYALURONIC ACID: It has the unique ability to hold moisture, which helps benefit tissue repair and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
After you’ve properly cleansed your face, follow it up with a toner. It helps remove excess oil, evens out the skin tone, tightens pores, and also balances the pH level of the skin. Post the very first step of cleansing, a toner will help in keeping your skin hydrated.
It is recommended that you should use a face toner which is free from alcohol. As an ingredient, alcohol is known to have a negative impact on your skin, since it can deprive it of its natural moisture & can even cause irritation.
A toner not just restores the pH balance of the skin, but also acts effectively in removing leftover impurities. Choosing a toner with natural ingredients will be the most beneficial to your skin. Look for natural ingredients like:-
VITAMIN C: Protects and reverses damage caused to the skin by pollution and harmful sun rays.
GREEN TEA: It is a rich source of antioxidants & aids in reducing skin redness and irritation.
NIACINAMIDE: Regulates oil and minimizes pore appearance by keeping the skin tone even and smooth.
MOROCCAN LAVA CLAY: Removes excess sebum from the skin, which helps in reducing the impact of acne and dark spots.
ALOE VERA: It not just soothes your skin, but also gives it a boost of hydration.
Complete your CTM routine by following up the toner with a moisturizer, to keep your skin hydrated & moist. Your skin goes through the natural process of repair at night, and it is during this time that using a moisturizer will be highly beneficial, as this will allow your skin to regain its lost elasticity & glow.
Our skin tends to absorb the majority of what we put on it, it is therefore imperative we choose a moisturizing cream with the highest quality of natural ingredients, such as:
VITAMIN C: Effectively fights free radical damage & protects the skin from oxidative stress.
HYALURONIC ACID: It tends to benefit tissue repair and reduces wrinkles.
CHIA SEED OIL: Improves skin hydration and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
SQUALANE: Helps protect skin’s barrier & seals in moisture for smoother & softer skin.
CANADIAN WILLOW HERB: An anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps control acne-causing bacteria.