Vitamin C makes for a great ingredient in your skincare routine. It is loaded with the goodness of antioxidants that help your skin look radiant and youthful. Vitamin C also efficiently fights free radicals, enhances the repairment of the tissues, and helps maintain collagen synthesis for clearer, even toned, and naturally brighter skin.
The natural process of ageing, pollution, and adverse impact of UVA rays can be fought against with Vitamin C. In this blog, we will be explaining 10 reasons why Vitamin C is good for your skin.
1. Brightens the skin: Vitamin C is an excellent solution to the woes of a dull skin. It allows the skin to look healthier and more vibrant, through the process of collagen production, which revives dull complexion and leaves the skin naturally brighter.
2. Reduces dark spots: Antioxidant-rich ingredients like Vitamin C & Ferulic Acid work together to repair hyperpigmentation and fade dark spots. Regular application of Vitamin C has shown to minimize the production of melanin. This helps in fading the impact of dark spots, and gives you much more even-toned complexion.
3. Improves elasticity of skin: The usage of Vitamin C based skin care products encourages the collagen production in your skin, which allows the skin to become firm and tight. Best vitamin c serum for face will aid in stimulating collagen production, which helps the skin fight against the harmful rays of the sun, thereby naturally brightening the skin.
4. Reduces Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation is nothing but the dark patches of skin that develop due to our body producing melanin in excess. This pigment is responsible for giving our body its natural colour. Regular usage of Vitamin C based skin care products have proven to minimize Hyperpigmentation, by controlling melanin production. Put simply, Vitamin C prevents the production of Tyrosinase, which eventually leads to melanin production, which results in Hyperpigmentation.
5. Evens out skin tone: Vitamin C helps inhibit the overproduction of melanin, making it a good ingredient to use if you’re fighting brown spots or have other concerns around skin discoloration. Vitamin C interferes with production of abnormal pigmentation to even out the skin tone.
6. Minimizes Redness: There are several contributing factors that lead to our skin being blotchy or uneven. Vitamin C has been shown to treat inflammatory skin conditions like skin redness. It helps minimize skin redness, thereby giving you a much more naturally glowing skin. Vitamin C serum for face benefits include; even skin tone, reduction in dark spots, and pigmentation & blemishes.
7. Hydrates The Skin: Ginseng extracts act as a strong skin conditioning agent that boosts hydration. Vitamin C products that have ginseng extracts help the skin against drying out & becoming rough, by retaining the skin’s natural water content. Vitamin C serum for face with ginseng extracts is an excellent hydrator, helping to minimize water loss, and allowing your skin to retain more moisture. This results in naturally brighter and plump skin.
8. Improves skin firmness: Skin elasticity & firmness is directly tied to collagen production. When the collagen production tends to start dropping, your skin will begin to sag. Using a Vitamin C serum is an effective way to boost the collagen production, which results in overall tightening of the skin.
9. Fights fine lines and wrinkles: It has been proven by various researches that Vitamin C protects our skin from damages, and tends to aid in skin regeneration, through the process of neutralizing free radicals. For any sort of wear and tear that your skin may be experiencing, such as wrinkles or fine lines – Vitamin C is an incredibly powerful tool to have in your skincare regime.
10. Can be used in AM or PM- Unlike other skincare products, Vitamin C can be used in the AM or PM routine. If you already have an extensive night time skincare routine, you can add Vitamin C to your AM routine. Just make sure that you follow it up with sunscreen.