As a parent, you only want to choose the best for your baby. But, with so many options in the market, it might get a little difficult to make the right choice. When it comes to skincare, choosing the best baby face cream can be a task.
Some first-time parents assume that products designed for adults are also effective for babies. The structure of adult skin is much more developed than babies and hence can take on products with stronger actives and using these on babies can cause more problems than you think.
Babies’ skin is much more delicate & sensitive as compared to adults and hence it is very important to ensure that the products you use for them are dermatologically tested and made safe. We at The Moms Co. bring you an insight into what you must look for in a baby face cream to ensure that you bring home the best for your precious one.
Here are a few pointers for picking the best baby cream for face in India:
1. Look for moisturizing ingredients- Look for products with moisturizing ingredients like Aloe Vera, Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Avocado oil. Products formulated with these ingredients help nourish the skin. If your baby has extremely dry, eczema-prone, or sensitive skin, additionally look for ingredients like Colloidal Oatmeal and ensure that the product is clinically tested.
2. Identify & avoid toxins- Avoid products containing parabens and other harsh chemicals like sulfates and mineral oils as they strip the skin of moisture leaving it susceptible to dryness and redness.
3. Choose pH neutral products- Baby face creams that are not neutral in pH balance can cause the baby’s skin to dry out excessively, leading to rashes, itching, and discomfort. Using a pH-neutral face cream is essential to keep the baby’s skin healthy and better guarded against irritants in the scene.
4. Look for hypoallergenic products- The best baby face creams are created to have the least possible risk of an allergic reaction even on the most sensitive skin. They are made especially for the delicate skin of babies. So, keep in mind to check the certifications and approvals of the product before purchase.
5. Say no to artificial fragrances- Fragrances are used to mask the nasty smell of chemicals that are used in baby face creams. They might add a feel-good factor, but can be harmful to delicate baby skin. Continued use of scented products may cause respiratory complications in your little one. Choosing products that have mild to negligible fragrances is a smart choice.
6. Do not use ingredients from your kitchen- While you’d like to believe that they are safe and you can use them on your baby, a lot of them might cause reactions. It is advised that you speak to your doctor before using these products.
7. Choose a cream that’s designed for a newborn- Look for labels like ‘safe for newborns’, safe for 6 months and above, and ensure that you pick the right product for your baby.
Our experts have worked hard to bring in the right combinations to create one of the best baby face creams in India. Our Natural Baby Cream is enriched with milk protein, nourishing butters like Shea & Cocoa, and oils like Jojoba & Avocado. These ingredients provide deep nourishment & moisturization, prevent dryness, and balance the skin’s pH. It is also hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested and approved. Mothers across India have been using The Moms Co. baby face cream for dry skin, and are satisfied with the experience. It’s now your turn.